Friday, April 13, 2012

Teaching

Guest post written by my buddy Angelo Cooper

I am on my feet at work all day long. You would think teaching third graders that I would have some time to sit at my desk and be on my computer, but as soon as I get them going on a task or worksheet, I have five hands going up for me to come help them because they don’t understand and then I have the inevitable hand telling me he is already done with the assignment, five second after I passed it out! It can get pretty tiring. As I am walking around the classroom or teaching a lesson, I literally keep a running list in my head of what I need to do when I get a minute to sit down at my desk! Grade spelling tests and math quizzes, check my Facebook, check my email (work and personal), and go to Direct.TV to see about getting Direct TV. I keep this list in my head as I am going about my work day and then I usually sit down at my desk at the end of the day and don’t feel like doing any of it! I am always so ready to get out of here and go home!

No comments: