Friday, February 10, 2012

New House

Guest post written by Sidney Owens

I think it’s great that we have this nice new house but I do miss living in NYC. I mean, I know technically we still do but to me Brooklyn isn’t the same as living in Manhattan, you know what I mean? It’s just a short cab ride away but at the end of the day I miss the hustle and bustle of the city that you just can’t get here. Most nights I turn on our satellite tv Brooklyn and watch reruns of Sex and the City to feel kindred to my old apartment – I guess when you get married you have to make compromises but I had no idea moving to Brooklyn was going to be one of the compromises I was going to have to make! I think I would have thought twice about the whole thing if so. I’m kidding, but I do really miss the city and hope that after our kids are born and grown I can convince my husband to move back over there…

No comments: