Monday, November 28, 2011

Over prepared parents

The Author of this post is Velma Baird

Today is the beginning of a completely different life. Today my husband and I brought our little boy home from the hospital. We always knew we wanted to be parents. We have been preparing for this day for a long time. When I first found out I was pregnant, we went out to the store and bought tons of baby proofing items. We bought outlet covers for all the outlets and cabinet locks for every single cabinet. We looked up http://www.besthomesecurity.com and had a security system installed. We bought a video monitor and a motion monitor. Our friends would joke about our house. Some friends said we were making it like a prison and some said we were making it like a fort. Personally, I like to think of it as a fort because that seems more fun. However, it is really just a home. I am sure every parent out there tries to make their home safe for the little one. We might have just gotten an earlier start on it than most.

0 comments: