Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Old

This guest post from Arlene Guthrie

This year I was having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, thinking of using the same old decorations. I always wanted one of those really old fashioned Christmas trees for the holidays. One day I was watching satellite television and they had a tool for making those huge bows. I ordered it. It was easy to work and I made some really beautiful satin ribbon bows. I had my husband put up our artificial tree and string the lights. Well, he has to do something, doesn't he? The tree is starting to get pretty old. It is molting fake pine needles all over the carpet. I'm guessing next year we'll have to purchase a new one. Maybe we will find one on sale right after Christmas. If not, I may just get one from that shopping channel. But, I digress.

Before I put the red satin bows on the tree, I strung popcorn and cranberries. I added some strings of white beads, which I already had. Then, I put on the bows. Finally, I added all different types of ornaments and some small red bulbs.. It came out beautiful. I was finally in the Christmas spirit. When I finished decorating, I went back to watch Christmas movies on satellite television from TVbyDirect.com.

No comments: