Saturday, August 28, 2010

Stereotyping

Brought to you by your friend at Blueskyscrubs.com

When you are married to a Filipino all of sudden you are starting to ask everyone who looks like one, if they are from the Philippines. My husband start noticing it because he wanted me to have friends from my country. Sad to say but I never wanted to meet any. I don't like it when they say that they are from the capital of the country. I am from the same country, you can tell me what province you came from. I study the country's geography, thank you very much.

My husband met a lot of them, and he found out that most of them are nurses, and he asked me why I'm not a nurse. Well, I am the exception to the rule, and I wanted to be different. I don't want to wear medical scrubs for the rest of my life. There is nothing wrong with it, the job is not for me. At this point, of my life and from what is happening around me, I wanted to be a surgical doctor. I can probably get a free tuition, but my time is limited as it is.

No, I don't want to practice and get paid a lot of money for it, I wanted to use it when needed. I will enjoy buying scrubs online to save time. I use to buy most of my business attire online when I was still working. Furthermore, scrubs store is not hard to find. I used to wear a button down, 3/4 sleeves with slit on the side shirt, no pockets and when I visited dental or medical office they thought I was like them. I am not trying to impersonate anyone, but it was the trend those days.

0 comments: